Estelle: I admire Cruz's style

Wednesday May 30 2012

Estelle admires Penlope Cruz's "womanly and vivacious" style.

The Grammy Award-winning singer is famed for her edgy fashion choices, but also appreciates the more classic style of Hollywood's finest.

Estelle looks to Penlope for inspiration.

"I like a few. Penlope Cruz is always womanly and vivacious," she told Cover Media. "I like how effortlessly sexy Charlize Theron looks."

Estelle describes her signature style as "comfortable". The 32-year-old star prefers to buck trends in favour of dressing in what suits her figure.

"I like to feel like I can make any movement I want in my clothes without restrictions," she explained, before revealing her pet hate.

"Trend dressing. Hate it. Dress for your body and for your daily disposition."

Estelle has a few must-haves when it comes to looking red carpet-ready. The R&B star likes to stand out from the crowd with her bold choices.

"Fashion - a good basic colour of an outfit, that you can mix and match. Beauty - a great lipstick. You can do barefaced with lipstick and always look great," she said of her style staples. "Great red lipstick [is my favourite look] - anything Iman or Bianca Jagger wore in the '70s and '80s."

Estelle - whose album All Of Me is out now - will be performing at Caribbean Fashion Week in Jamaica, June 7-11. More information can be found at www.Caribbeanfashionweek.com.

Cover Media


Comments