Penlope Cruz: Confidence is beautiful

Penlope Cruz claims the key to radiating beauty is "confidence" and "not taking yourself too seriously".

The Hollywood actress is admired for her exotic looks and womanly curves, but insists that beauty is more than skin deep.

Penlope thinks women need to feel comfortable with themselves in order to be attractive.

"I am sure its confidence," she told Red magazine. "It has nothing to do with a big ego. Its about not taking yourself too seriously, being able to laugh at yourself. I think thats a very important quality in a man or a woman.

"Its confidence, not arrogance. Being comfortable with yourself."

Some Hollywood stars are famed for going under the knife - something which Penlope hasn't done yet. However, the 38-year-old star is keeping her options open.

"I dont know what I will do in 10, 20, 30 years time. And I respect anyone who does something thats going to make them feel better completely. But, as an actress, you have to be very careful because your job is to tell stories with your face. You have to be able to move your face and look like your character. What if you do a period piece, for example?" she mused.

Penlope takes care of her body, eats healthily and doesnt smoke.

However, the brunette beauty is a self-confessed sun worshipper - although she takes extra precautions to protect her skin.

"I know its not really the best thing for the skin, but I love the beach and the sea and lying down in the sun: the smell of it, the feeling, the way the vitamin D makes me so happy. Im Spanish, Im used to it!" she laughed.

"But I always wear very high protection all over my face and body. I love the Lancme sunscreens and I always put hydrating masks on my hair to protect it."

Cover Media

Comments