Penlope Cruz: Oscars was adrenaline rush

Penlope Cruz felt like she was on a cloud of adrenalin when she won an Oscar.

The star won a best supporting actress award in 2009 for her role in Vicky Cristina Barcelona. She portrayed the unstable Maria, a woman who is constantly on the verge of trying to kill her husband, played by her real-life spouse Javier Bardem. The Academy Award win was a momentous time in her life.

It was like being on a cloud of adrenalin. Everything was so intense. It was a beautiful night, she told Red magazine.

I remember going into one of the parties with my Oscar and my family. They had all painted P on their faces to support me.

The 38-year-old went to the bash after the ceremony and it was attended by a host of celebrity guests. However, Penlope found it all too much.

So we went to a party of a friend of mine and we all went into the living room, and on the sofa I see sitting together Jack Nicholson, Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci, she said.

I said, I cannot take this, and left.

Because it was those incredible actors and seeing them all together, they looked like great gangsters because of all the movies theyve done together. I wasnt brave enough to say hello. It was too overwhelming.

Cover Media

Comments