Penelope Cruz enjoys being housewife

Most Read Stories:

Women do help each other advance in workplace

Fear Factor's donkey semen stunt finally goes on air

Why women are more moral than men

Brain chemistry 'may help predict sexual future'

Dress salads with canola or olive oil to get most nutrients out of veggies

New graph shows economic history of world since Jesus

Why isn't the answer always on the tip of the tongue?

75pc women put off by unemployed men

How to get the salary you want

80 pc women wear expensive new frocks and then return it to 'save money'

Bookmark and Share


Washington, July 1 : Penelope Cruz has revealed that being a housewife is the ''best thing in the world'' and loves staying at home to cook and clean.

The 38-year-old actress, who has been staying at home since giving birth to 17-month-ol! d Leonar do with husband Javier Bardem, enjoys not having a job to go to because it means she can concentrate on her cooking.

''I'm a housewife and it's beautiful, the best thing in the world. I know how to cook and it's important to me to make fresh food every day. I don't do crazy diets, just the good Mediterranean food that I love because it's important to eat well," Contactmusic quoted her as telling HELLO! Magazine.

Cruz also admitted that she's very good with a mop and duster.

''I'm good at cleaning too. I learnt that when I made the film 'Volver'.

"My character was always cleaning the house, so when I started preparing for the role I would go to my mother's house and to my sister's house, and they were like, 'I think she has a fever, because I don't know why else she has come to clean my house today," she added. (ANI)

Subscribe RSS Feeds

41 Jul 02, 12:33AMPost your comment

Read other hollywood-news stories

Visit Home Page for fresh content

More from hollywood-news:


Comments