Penelope Cruz: I'm a cheap date

Screening To Rome With Love NY

Penelope Cruz says she's mellowed with age. Picture: AP Source: AP

PENELOPE Cruz has joked she is a "cheap date".

The actress believes she has mellowed as she has got older and doesn't have the tolerance for alcohol that she once did.

The 38-year-old star has left her wild child days behind her, settling into married life and parenthood with hunky actor Javier Bardemas.

"About ten years ago I had a wild, confused phase - I just wanted to get lost in life and not think about the consequences," Penlope revealed to German magazine In.

"After two beers now I'm already tipsy. I guess, I'm what men would call a cheap date!"

The sultry brunette beauty finds it hard to take some things seriously.

Cruz finds it ridiculous when she reads an article describing her as a sex symbol.

Digital Pass - $5 weekend papers

The Pirates of the Caribbean actress joked that if she doesn't make fun of herself, someone in her family will.

"I always have to laugh when someone writes about me that I'm a sex symbol!" she laughed.

"I love to laugh about myself, if my brother isn't already doing it! He always makes fun of me. He just loves it. Whenever he sees a picture of me! in a magazine where I'm wearing a dress he doesn't like, he takes a photo of it and sends it to me with a snappy comment!"


Comments